BlueCargo is a fast-moving start-up based in Paris & Silicon Valley with the mission of bringing efficiency to the global maritime supply chain. We are looking for people who share the same ambitious goals and want to make a difference by joining our small and talented team!
BlueCargo makes analytics and predictions actionable to improve terminal operations. Our software leverages machine learning to help terminal operators better organize their storage yard, placing containers at the right spot under space & time constraints. BlueCargo is the place to be if you want to play Tetris/Jenga with shipping containers! Thanks to BlueCargo, the terminal can optimize asset utilization and better serve its clients, reducing truck turn time and freeing up terminals roadways.
Founded in 2018 by Alexandra Griffon (CEO), Laura Theveniau (Data & Product Officer) and Arthus de Saint Chaffray (CTO). BlueCargo just raised its seed round and is part of Y Combinator, world’s #1 accelerator (Airbnb, Dropbox, Docker, Algolia, Flexport, etc.). Our prospective customers are spread all over the world and our first two are based in France and the US.
We are building an incredible company with the mission of reshaping how goods are moved from sea to land. We are a team of engineers working on diverse set of fields: machine learning, simulation, operations research, 3D visualization, etc. We are looking for problem solvers: self-motivated, results-driven and creative individuals to help us bring the maritime supply chain revolution to the world.
What you will do
As an early employee, you will get to take a leading role in the team.
We are looking for a backend engineer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and a suite of services: data sourcing pipeline, data completion service, normalizers, prediction service, training pipeline, optimization module. This architecture should be replicable across ports.
- Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code. You will tackle problems relating to critical services and prevent problem recurrence
- Manage build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery - to improve the quality and availability of BlueCargo’s solution
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to external requests
Skills we are looking for
In addition to the following technical skills, we are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proven work experience as a backend developer with a focus on machine learning projects
- Exceptional knowledge of at least one backend programming language (Golang, Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, ...)
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience in developing and deploying software in a rapid cycle using Agile methodologies and code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in Technical Operations or IT Operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Background in Linux/Unix Administration and shell scripts
- Experience with Docker, Terraform
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (AWS)
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with database configuration/administration (PostgresSQL, Redis, MS SQL Server, Redshift)
- Understanding of front-end technologies (JS, HTML5, CSS3)
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to solve difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Be proactive, creative and eager to learn
- English proficient
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BLUECARGO
- Be ready to travel to the next port city!
- Engineering-driven team (agile cycles, JIRA, GitHub, daily standup, knowledge session, pair-programming, test-driven, continuous integration, server-less architecture, etc.)
- Best tools that money can get you
- Best team that work and fun can build
- Competitive salary
- Start-up ecosystem benefits (Alan, Lunchr etc.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLUECARGO
- Website: Bluecargo.io
- Techcrunch 2018: Startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s Summer 18 demo day
- Port du futur: BlueCargo Lauréat du trophée port du futur 2018
- Les Echos Entrepreneurs: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee 2018
- Chef d’entreprise: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee
We would love to hear from you, why you would like to join our startup and what you'd love to do. You will hear back from us within a few days of your application.
Send your resume to Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversations (telephone/skype/meeting): 1 HR conversation, 1 technical conversation
- Take-home challenges: 1 set of coding problems, 1 advanced problem (online, on a coding platform with a member of our technical team)
- On-site project: meeting with the entire team (on site, 1 full day) and work on a specific project