BlueCargo is a fast-moving start-up based in Paris & Silicon Valley with the mission of bringing efficiency to the global maritime supply chain. We are looking for people who share the same ambitious goals and want to make a difference by joining our small and talented team!
BlueCargo makes analytics and predictions actionable to improve terminal operations. Our software leverages machine learning to help terminal operators better organize their storage yard, placing containers at the right spot under space & time constraints. BlueCargo is the place to be if you want to play Tetris/Jenga with shipping containers! Thanks to BlueCargo, the terminal can optimize asset utilization and better serve its clients, reducing truck turn time and freeing up terminals roadways.
Founded in 2018 by Alexandra Griffon (CEO), Laura Theveniau (Data & Product Officer) and Arthus de Saint Chaffray (CTO). BlueCargo just raised its seed round and is part of Y Combinator, world’s #1 accelerator (Airbnb, Dropbox, Docker, Algolia, Flexport, etc.). Our prospective customers are spread all over the world and our first two are based in France and the US.
We are building an incredible company with the mission of reshaping how goods are moved from sea to land. We are a team of engineers working on diverse set of fields: machine learning, simulation, operations research, 3D visualization, etc. We are looking for problem solvers: self-motivated, results-driven and creative individuals to help us bring the maritime supply chain revolution to the world.
What you will do
- Develop user interface components and implement them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Make sure the components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain
- Work with the back-end engineers to design the server-client relationships
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Skills we are looking for
In addition to the following technical skills, we are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Strong ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- English fluent
- Able to work in the US: work permit, american citizenship etc.