BlueCargo is a fast-moving start-up based in Paris & Silicon Valley with the mission of bringing efficiency to the global maritime supply chain. We are looking for people who share the same ambitious goals and want to make a difference by joining our small and talented team!
BlueCargo makes analytics and predictions actionable to improve terminal operations. Our software leverages machine learning to help terminal operators better organize their storage yard, placing containers at the right spot under space & time constraints. BlueCargo is the place to be if you want to play Tetris/Jenga with shipping containers! Thanks to BlueCargo, the terminal can optimize asset utilization and better serve its clients, reducing truck turn time and freeing up terminals roadways.
Founded in 2018 by Alexandra Griffon (CEO), Laura Theveniau (Data & Product Officer) and Arthus de Saint Chaffray (CTO). BlueCargo just raised its seed round and is part of Y Combinator, world’s #1 accelerator (Airbnb, Dropbox, Docker, Algolia, Flexport, etc.). Our prospective customers are spread all over the world and our first two are based in France and the US.
We are building an incredible company with the mission of reshaping how goods are moved from sea to land. We are a team of engineers working on diverse set of fields: machine learning, simulation, operations research, 3D visualization, etc. We are looking for problem solvers: self-motivated, results-driven and creative individuals to help us bring the maritime supply chain revolution to the world.
What you will do
As an early employee, you will get to take a leading role in the team.
You join a booming startup at an early stage where everything is still to be built. As CEO right hand, this internship is unique in terms of ownership and learning curve. You will work directly with the founding team particularly on internal processes development. On a daily basis you will:
- Be at the center of the reactor
- Help the CEO scale and structure the team
- Manage the recruitment pipeline
- Work on the media strategy, online and offline marketing, branding, growth hacking
- Help with administrative work, legal, and financial reporting
- Partnership management with international port terminals
- Market research
- Not enough ? Based on your skills and interests, you will be able to tailor your missions and take the lead on other business dev activities : finance, recruitment, operations, negotiation… In a nutshell: learn and be challenged in startup environment where your idea will be heard and your work impactful.
Skills we are looking for
We are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
We’re looking for an outstanding Business Intern who combines superb communication skills and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
- Skills: Product Management, Public Relations, Entrepreneur, Growth Strategy and Execution, Growth Hacking, Analytics, Reporting, Legal
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS degree (Bac+3 or more) in business or engineering
- Work independently and structured
- Proactive: take initiative and responsibility
- You’re able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent computer and web skills: Office, other online SaaS services
- Excellent level of grammar and spelling
- English Fluent!
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BLUECARGO
- Be ready to travel to the next port city!
- Engineering-driven team (agile cycles, JIRA, GitHub, daily standup, knowledge session, pair-programming, test-driven, continuous integration, server-less architecture, etc.)
- Best tools that money can get you
- Best team that work and fun can build
- Competitive salary
- Start-up ecosystem benefits (Alan, Lunchr etc.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLUECARGO
- Website: Bluecargo.io
- Techcrunch 2018: Startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s Summer 18 demo day
- Port du futur: BlueCargo Lauréat du trophée port du futur 2018
- Les Echos Entrepreneurs: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee 2018
- Chef d’entreprise: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee
We would love to hear from you, why you would like to join our startup and what you'd love to do. You will hear back from us within a few days of your application.
Send your resume to Laura: email@example.com
- Conversations (telephone/skype/meeting): 1 HR conversation, 1 technical conversation
- Take-home challenges: 1 set of coding problems, 1 advanced problem (online, on a coding platform with a member of our technical team)
- On-site project: meeting with the entire team (on site, 1 full day) and work on a specific project