Darewise Entertainment is a VC-backed AAA games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games.
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda), David Bowman (Bungie, Telltale, Crytek) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. Using Unreal Engine 4 and Improbable’s SpatialOS we focus on building gigantic open worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team !
What you will do
We are looking for a talented, experienced AI Programmer for an upcoming MMO game! Our game features state of the art systemic AI and living world systems. As an AI programmer, you will bring this world to life and focus on AI behavior and how all the systems interact with one another. You will work very closely with the game designers to realize their vision.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
- As part of our Gameplay team, design and implement the code needed to support the AI systems. This includes working on the Behavior Trees, Navigation, and everything to support designers iterating on the AI.
- Work closely with game designers and level designers in order to bring their ideas to life
- Work with Spatial OS, a cutting edge technology that enables us to dramatically scale the numbers and ambitions of the AI systems.
- Ensure the performance and scalability of the game in the very unpredictable context of a MMO game.
- Participate in design and feedback gathering sessions to make sure that the player’s experience always comes first
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- Unlimited paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.
Skills we are looking for
3+ year of professional experience or significant experience in hobby projects.
Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
Concern and sensibility for performance, memory usage and network bandwidth
Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
Strong communication skills in english, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.