- January 14, 2016
Darewise Entertainment is a VC-backed AAA games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games.
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda), David Bowman (Bungie, Telltale, Crytek) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. Using Unreal Engine 4 and Improbable’s SpatialOS we focus on building gigantic open worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team !
We are looking for talented Gameplay Programmers for an upcoming MMO game! Our game features state of the art third person controls and combat, complex AI and living world systems. As a gameplay programmer, you will bring this world to life and build every aspect of the game, working closely with our artists and designers.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
- As part of our Gameplay team, design and implement the code needed to support the various game systems and AIs.
- Work closely with game designers and level designers in order to bring their ideas to life
- Implement algorithms and tools for designers to use when building the world
- Implement client/server algorithms such as replication, latency compensation and to achieve a smooth result in a fast-paced combat gameplay
- Ensure the performance and scalability of the game in the very unpredictable context of a MMO game.
- Participate in design and feedback gathering sessions to make sure that the player’s experience always comes first
- Gameplay programming experience according to your skill level. For Junior applicants, 1+ year of professional experience or significant experience in hobby projects.
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Concern and sensibility for performance, memory usage and network bandwidth
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Strong communication skills in english, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.