- April 1, 2016
Darewise Entertainment is a VC-backed AAA games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games.
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda), David Bowman (Bungie, Telltale, Crytek) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. Using Unreal Engine 4 and Improbable’s SpatialOS we focus on building gigantic open worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team !
As a Darewise Lead/Senior Technical Artist, you will be the bridge between artists and engineers who ensures an efficient art pipeline and optimized game.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
- Manage the Technical Art team and processes, hire and evaluate candidates.
- Work closely with Art Director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game
- Shape, develop and evolve Darewise’s art pipelines, including our tools, both outside and within the game engine.
- Design smart assets, procedural and highly reusable systems to automate world building
- Structure the game’s art content, notably the folder structure and naming conventions
- Define various “budgets” for the art content to ensure performance of the game
- Mentor other team members, providing guidance and creative feedback
- Responsible for on-time and on-target quality delivery of all Technical Art assets
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in Unreal Engine 4, in a technical role.
- Technical experience across multiple art disciplines including procedural generation of environment, shaders and PBR material creation, animation and rigging.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art tools including, but not limited to: Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter, World Machine, and other state of the art DCC tools.
- Experience with node based visual scripting languages.
- Experience with python scripting and tools for art asset pipelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with multi-disciplinary and/or remote teams.
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.