- September 11, 2017
Darewise Entertainment is a VC-backed AAA games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games.
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda), David Bowman (Bungie, Telltale, Crytek) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. Using Unreal Engine 4 and Improbable’s SpatialOS we focus on building gigantic open worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team !
As a Darewise 3D Character Artist, you will provide world-class 3D modeling and sculpting skills to craft new characters, creatures, and items for our ambitious and ground-breaking new project.
- Creating (modeling, sculpting, and texturing) high-quality game-ready character art and assets, as directed and within scope and schedule.
- Work closely with Art Director and art team to carry out the aesthetic vision for the game.
- Participation in iterative development and critical feedback loop with entire game development team, including regular gameplay tests.
- Maintaining a high bar for excellence in processes, projects, deliverables, and communication.
- 3+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in a 3D character artist role.
- Amazing character and creature sculptor/modeler/painter with a diverse portfolio.
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D character development tools including, but not limited to: 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, etc.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams.
- Based in or willing to relocate to Paris, France.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Rigging and/or animation experience.
- Experience with open-ended/sandbox multiplayer games and modular systems.
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds.
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.