- September 1, 2016
Darewise Entertainment is a VC-backed AAA games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games.
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda), David Bowman (Bungie, Telltale, Crytek) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. Using Unreal Engine 4 and Improbable’s SpatialOS we focus on building gigantic open worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team !
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Online Gameplay Programmer for an upcoming MMO game! Online programming is at the core of what we do and at Darewise you will be working with cutting-edge technology to deliver experiences that go beyond current multiplayer games.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
- As part of our Engineering team, design and implement the network architecture of our games
- Work with SpatialOS, exciting new technology and drive innovation in an ambitious MMO project
- Work closely with game designers to support online gameplay features in an efficient and secure manner
- Oversee the matchmaking, security and performance concerns of the game, advising and mentoring other programmers as necessary
- Ensure there are no surprises by maintaining a robust testing framework throughout the development of the game
- 5+ years online programming experience and at least one released AAA PC/console game
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Expert knowledge of low level network protocols, and security best practices
- Experience with hosting game servers and cloud computing
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language. As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.