- April 27, 2018
Darewise Entertainment is a new genre of game company.
Obsessed with product design and product management, we are creating AAA quality games that are much more accessible and less demanding; games that don’t require a huge learning curve, time investment, and long game sessions, without sacrificing the high-end quality.
How about combining the ease-of-fun of Farmville with the production value of Assassin’s Creed?
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity.
We focus on building next generation social adventures, taking place in large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
At Darewise, we’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity.
We recently closed a Seed round with Kima Ventures, Serena Capital and a few business angels.
Like our CEO, drop your investment banking or management consulting position and come to find a purpose in a very fun environment!
We’re looking for a highly skilled Technical Game Designer! The ideal candidate will have prior experience in game design focusing on the technical aspects of the field. If you have a passion for how games work, are self-driven and a great team player, we want to hear from you.
- Define implementation quality standards and best practices and help the design team observe them
- Be the point of reference regarding game engine questions for current and upcoming features
- Maintain a clear understanding of the design direction so that systems can be reviewed & implemented within technical specifications
- Centralize and clearly communicate requests from game designers to the technical team
- Maintain in-depth & up-to-date knowledge of the Unreal 4 engines and auxiliary development tools
- Work with the team to improve tools, methods and task management
- Prototype new gameplay features in collaboration with the designers
- Provide constructive feedback and solutions for existing & upcoming designs to optimize workloads and achieve the highest quality within the defined time constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design
- 3+ years experience as a technical game designer or gameplay scripter (UE4/Blueprints)
- 1+ shipped AAA title with Unreal engine
- Fluent English speaker
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Skilled at sharing knowledge with others (through tutorials, training sessions, wiki, etc.)
- Desire to grow professionally with networking and ongoing training opportunities
Also nice to have:
- Other scripting languages / visual scripting / Engines
- Personal interest in personal development and productivity topics
- Passion for games, and in particular virtual worlds and online experiences
- Experience implementing multiplayer online features
Please note that all positions are full-time on-site in Paris, and English is our office’s working language. As such, only English language applications will be considered.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
- Video-call - HR interview (45min)
- Onsite interviews (usually 2 to 3, 30min each)
- Reference check
- Final interview with CEO