Founded in March 2000, Gandi operates on three continents, with +120 employees in offices in Paris, Luxembourg, San Francisco, and Taipei.
In fifteen years, Gandi has become one of the largest sellers of domain names in the world, managing over 2 million domain names, as of 2017. With more than 750 domain name extensions on offer, Gandi also caters to individuals, small businesses, and large enterprises looking to personalize and professionalize their web presence, offering a dedicated Corporate services option for corporate customers.
Besides its role as a domain name registrar, Gandi is a top CA (certificate authority) offering SSL certificates for sale and managing more than 55,000 certificates.
Since 2008, Gandi has expanded beyond domain name registration into the general consumer Cloud hosting market. Gandi currently hosts more than 200,000 sites and services between Gandi Simple Hosting — a subscription PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) service geared towards small- and medium-sized businesses as well as individuals — and its IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) service, dedicated to those with a high level of technical proficiency who seek maximum control over their hosting infrastructure and wish to operate it themselves. Both services wield the power of dedicated resources, flexibility in the allocation of resourses to servers, and optimum data security, all on a decidedly innovative network and server architecture.
Descriptif du poste
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Gandi’s
products. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working collaboratively with lead products, customer care agents (customer experience) and technical teams to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
A previous experience as a Technical Writer in a high tech industry is a must.
- Work with product leaders, customer care agents and technical teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements;
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for customers;
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides;
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications;
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities;
- Create and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation;
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
Join the product team in Taiwan
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write explanatory and procedural styles for multi audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Excellent written skills in English
- University degree