Qwant Research est la filiale R&D de Qwant le moteur de recherche européen qui respecte votre vie privée. Qwant Research a pour rôle de développer les futurs projets de Qwant.
Descriptif du poste
Qwant Maps relies on open source software and collaborative technologies, to provide cartographic applications in line with Qwant's values.
As a core member of the team that is developing these services,you will directly contribute to:
- Providing software design and implementation for Qwant cartographic applications
- Improving existing open source tools to make good use of OpenStreetMap data
- Integrating work from multiple research fields, including natural language processing, privacy or open data
- Delivering production-ready code, in collaboration with the operations teams
You should have:
- Strong algorithmic skills
- Experience with design of REST-based APIs
- Understanding of distributed data systems
- Familiarity with software development best practices (versioning, unit tests, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.)
- Sincere interest in the OpenStreetMap ecosystem
- You have previous experience with geographic information systems
- You have previous experience with Postgresql/PostGis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- You're already familiar with Rust (the Stack Overflow's "most loved programming language") or keen on learning it
- You're aware that the world is a complicated place, where handling time zones may not even be as challenging as parsing and formatting geographical addresses.
Déroulement des entretiens
- 1st presentation
- Expertise check
- Administrative and offer