Spendesk is a fast-growing SaaS & FinTech company based in Paris’ Silicon centre. Their mission: kill the hassle of payment at work. They believe in empowering employees and that spending for your company should be as easy as checking your email inbox. To achieve this goal, they use the latest innovations in the banking industry to reinvent the purchasing experience for companies.
Started by eFounders, they launched in June 2016 with an international ambition and now have more than 600 client companies all over Europe. Top startups like Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku or Deezer rely on Spendesk everyday to run their businesses and they absolutely love the product. Early 2018, they raised €8 million from European Angels & VCs, just 12 months after a seed round of €2M, bringing the total amount raised to €10M.
What you will do
What will you do? ✍️
You will be responsible of automating our development workflows and you'll lead the deployment of our next infrastructure. Your tasks will be shared between pure devops tasks (like managing our Kubernetes infrastructure, monitoring or streamlining our deployment process) and backend oriented missions, as automating anomaly checks in production or building our analytics and notifications pipeline.
At Spendesk, you will be part of a team that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time. Your work won't be only about writing code, it will also be to define our needs, anticipate the bottlenecks and create the best banking infrastructure so far.
Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact, especially given that our product will extensively rely on your work! Exciting, isn't it?
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- Docker and Kubernetes for our distributed services
- AWS to run all of this
- Circle CI and Travis for continuous integration
- Whatever you need to do your job 😍
Skills we are looking for
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. If you love building efficient, secure and reliable products, this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus 😉
What are we looking for? 👉
- At least 3 years of experience in software development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Good knowledge on infrastructure related topic, especially on distributed systems
- Good knowledge in docker and AWS
- Good knowledge in databases (noSQL and SQL)
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- A first experience as a devops engineer in a SaaS startup is a plus
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You are an ARCHITECT: you thrive for building scalable platforms that are not blown down with the first “huff and puff”.
Why should you apply? 🙌
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Very competitive salary 💸
- The laptop of your choice
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- An incredible team of 40 hackers and hustlers growing 15% each month 👫👯👬
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻 and team buildings with the team
- Wonderful offsite in Djerba or Bora-Bora
- Meal vouchers 🍽️
- Preliminary call with a member of the engineering team
- Technical interview with our engineering team
- Fit interview with other teammates
- Interview with Rodolphe, our CEO