- November 5, 2018
Spendesk is a fast-growing SaaS & FinTech company based in Paris’ Silicon centre. Their mission: kill the hassle of payment at work. They believe in empowering employees and that spending for your company should be as easy as checking your email inbox. To achieve this goal, they use the latest innovations in the banking industry to reinvent the purchasing experience for companies.
Started by eFounders, they launched in June 2016 with an international ambition and now have more than 600 client companies all over Europe. Top startups like Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku or Deezer rely on Spendesk everyday to run their businesses and they absolutely love the product. Early 2018, they raised €8 million from European Angels & VCs, just 12 months after a seed round of €2M, bringing the total amount raised to €10M.
As Head of product design, you'll be in charge of leading and executing the design vision in the product team and across the whole company.
You'll be leading the design team by inspire teammates with a vision for the product and the design, by defining high standard in term of deliverable quality and ensuring that the communication with other teams (marketing, engineering) is smooth as butter.
You'll define the design roadmap with the different stakeholders and making sure that this roadmap is well communicated across the company but also making sure that every design is working efficiently and on time on its subjects. You'll know our users better than anybody in the company.
You'll also be in charge to grow the team. From the the inside by making sure that every designer is happy and has room to grow at Spendesk, by anticipating hiring needs to ensure that we can achieve company goals and also hiring your teammates.
You'll start as a product designer in a squad. Your experience & expertise will be useful to share you UX knowledge across the team but also Scale the UX process & methodologies.
- At least 5+ years of product design (or head of design) experience (from user research to implementation) in B2B or B2C SaaS
- Successful team management or lead experience (3+ people)
- You love solving complex UX problems and like challenges. You know that easy is hard to do!
- User experience design and user research expertise
- Creative strategy (build a vision & share it, roadmapping skills)
- Management basics (1:1s, performance reviews, hiring, communication)
- User centric & data driven
- Excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with different teams
- Execution driven
- Oral and written communication in both English and French
- Preliminary call with a member of the product team
- On-site meeting with the product team
- Product case
- Interview with founders