You’d like to be part of a promising startup and work in a creative and fast-paced environment? Spendesk is looking for enthusiastic, ambitious and talented folks to join our passionate and hard-working team.
Who are we ? 👫
We are a fast-growing SaaS & FinTech company based in Paris’ Silicon centre. We have an ambitious mission: kill the hassle of payment at work. We believe paying at work should be as easy as a 1-click purchase on Amazon. To achieve this goal, we use the latest innovations in the banking industry & have reinvented the purchasing experience for companies.
Started by eFounders, we launched in June 2016 with an international ambition and now have more than 700 client companies all over Europe. Top startups like Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku or Deezer rely on Spendesk everyday to run their businesses and they love our product. Early 2018, we raised €8 million from European Angels & VCs, just 12 months after a seed round of €2M, bringing the total amount raised to €10M.
Want to take it to the next level ? Join us now 🚀
What you will do
What will you do? ✍️
Your primary focus will be on building our next-gen banking infrastructure on top of some of the best providers in the world. You will need to implement secure, reliable and scalable solutions to manage transfers, virtual accounts, cards and fraud detection patterns. In strong collaboration with our ops and product team, you'll work with other engineers in a squad to tackle the challenges as fast and as securely as possible.
At Spendesk, you will be part of a team that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time. Your work won't be only about writing code, it will also be to define our needs, anticipate the bottlenecks and create the best banking infrastructure so far.
Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you'll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you'll make may have a huge impact, especially given that our product will extensively rely on your work! Exciting, isn't it?
- Node.js for our backend and banking applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis and SQS for jobs and queues
- Terraform to define our infrastructure
- Docker and Kubernetes for our distributed services
- AWS to run all of this
- Circle CI and Travis for continuous integration
- Whatever you need to do your job 😍
Skills we are looking for
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. If you love building efficient, secure and reliable products, this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus 😉
What are we looking for? 👉
- At least 5 years of experience in software development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
- Good knowledge in micro-services architectures
- Good knowledge in databases (noSQL and SQL)
- Good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining highly available APIs
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- A very good experience in banking and payments processing is a big plus but not mandatory
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You are an ARCHITECT: you thrive for building scalable platforms that are not blown down with the first “huff and puff”.
Why should you apply? 🙌
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Very competitive salary 💸
- The laptop of your choice
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- An incredible team of 40 hackers and hustlers growing 15% each month 👫👯👬
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻 and team buildings with the team
- Wonderful offsite in Djerba or Bora-Bora
- Meal vouchers 🍽️
- Preliminary call with a member of the engineering team
- Technical interview with our engineering team
- Fit interview with other teammates
- Interview with Rodolphe, our CEO