At Walnut Algorithms, we dare to challenge the status quo and artificial intelligence is part of our DNA. We believe in the emergence of technology, robust data analysis, and horizontal management. Using machine learning and open source libraries, we have developed a next generation investment fund that is fully autonomous and powered by self-learning algorithms.
To make the challenge happen, Walnut Algorithms was founded in 2014 and has already been nominated as one of the TOP 15 French Fintech to invest in by Challenges Magazine. Ready to join the story?! Twenty-one co-writers are already on board!
What you will do
As part of the Research team, you will embrace theoretical mathematics, computer science and financial knowledge. Fully involved on advanced topics, you will work closely with researchers, deep learners, and science addicts. Being part of our international team, you will experience how being smartly wrong often brings to a better solution.
- improve the learning capabilities of the automated trading systems
- design solutions to challenge large datasets with a data driven approach
- contribute to the research infrastructure aiming at identifying financial biais
- challenge researchers and common knowledge
- suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals
- report and present research findings and developments
Skills we are looking for
PhD or MS in Data Science, Science Technology or Mathematics.
- 3-5 years of experience in Machine Learning
- a powerful intellectual curiosity with a strong academic knowledge in probability, statistics and machine learning models
- experience with Python3 and libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Plotly
- experience with Linux and Git environments
- strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and algorithms
- a “can-do” attitude and a problem-solving mindset
- eager to learn and to challenge complex machine learning problems
- an ability to operate in an agile and fast-paced environment