- April 1, 2019
Darewise Entertainment is a new genre of game company.
Obsessed with product design and product management, we are creating AAA quality games that are much more accessible and less demanding; games that don’t require a huge learning curve, time investment, and long game sessions, without sacrificing the high-end quality.
How about combining the ease-of-fun of Farmville with the production value of Assassin’s Creed?
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity.
We focus on building next generation social adventures, taking place in large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
We are looking for an experienced and talented Lead Game Designer for an upcoming persistent world game! The Lead Designer at Darewise is an experienced creative leader who can push creative boundaries, articulate design ideas, and leads by example. You’re not afraid to get hands-on in inspiring a team towards our ultimate goal in revolutionising online gaming. We believe that rapid prototyping, clear process and team empowerment is the trifecta behind great games, so if you share our vision, we would love to hear from you!
- Conceive, communicate, produce, and lead game designs - from big picture to specific features
- Collaborate with designers, artists, programmers, producers, and management in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay, system and content design throughout our iterative design process
- Help create milestone definitions, sprint definitions, and user stories, schedule and review design team's output
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- 7 weeks of paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.
- Game design veteran, with a minimum of 2+ complete product cycles
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience as a lead/senior Game Designer on a AAA title or similar scale project
- Game-as-a-service and system design expertise
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
Also nice to have:
- Strong math and data analysis skills
- Unreal and Blueprint experience
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Video-call - HR interview (45min)
- Onsite interviews (usually 2 to 3, 30min each)
- Reference check
- Final interview with CEO