- April 1, 2019
Kpler is a technology and intelligence company providing transparency solutions in the energy markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodities market.
The company is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Singapore, Dubai, Houston and New York.
With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global is in our DNA!
Kpler is looking for a Global Payroll Manager to oversee all things Payroll at Kpler. Partnering with our internal teams and vendors, this role will be responsible to ensure our payroll expenses and taxes are calculated correctly and paid on time for our 5 entities (France, UK, US, UAE, Singapore). This role will also ensure that our payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and cost effective.
Our ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in international payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
- Partner with the People and Office Management teams to gather appropriate information (time-off records, expenses, etc)
- Calculate the correct payroll amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, expenses etc. with assistance of our payroll systems
- Where applicable, liaise with Payroll vendor and audit payroll calculations
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Prepare and execute pay orders
- Administer statements of payment to employees
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees
- Prepare reports for management and finance department
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Improve and enhance global payroll processes and systems to ensure accuracy, compliance and cost-efficiency
This role will initially be remote/work from home as Kpler establishes its office in Brussels.
- 4+ years experience as an international payroll manager or similar role
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws in the relevant jurisdictions (solid experience with UK and France payrolls required)
- Familiar with payroll softwares and tools (incl. Microsoft and Google suites)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Fluent in English, French a strong plus