- April 1, 2019
Kpler is a technology and intelligence company providing transparency solutions in the energy markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodities market.
The company is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Singapore, Dubai, Houston and New York. With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global is in our DNA!
The Market Analysis team at Kpler is at the forefront of the move to bring greater transparency to the commodities markets. Through the use of novel techniques and commercial knowledge we look to bring clarity to an often opaque world, delivering insightful analysis to a diverse client base.
Kpler is looking for a Refined Products Market Analyst based in Singapore. The role will involve research, collection, structuring and analysis of data. You will be required to follow the main events occurring in the energy markets and track the specific trends in the refined products markets. In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features or improve Kpler data quality.
- Regular research, tracking of energy market news
- Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of services provided
- Extract meaningful patterns and detect trend disruption
- Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc requests from users
- Attend regular client meetings to discuss market/data related topics
- you graduated from an Engineering school or Business school, with at least 1 year of experience or significant internships
- you have strong interest in the oil market and relative experience in the refined products markets
- you have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets (advanced Excel skills with some VBA programming or any data analysis tools)
- you have an excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
- you are a team player, quick learner, and able to work with short deadlines across different tasks
- you are native or bilingual in English (mandatory)