- 10 days ago
Who are we ? 👫
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to take the hassle out of payments at work. We’re based in Paris but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 by eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivvy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 900+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised two rounds of funding: our first €8 million came from European angels and VCs, just 12 months after our first €2 million.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 10 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and finding excuses to dance in the office.
Our team values
We’re all owners
Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
Proactively seek out ways to grow.
Always run the extra mile
Want to take it to the next level? Join us now 🚀
What will you do? ✍️
As a technical lead, you'll be responsible for the long term quality of the codebase and the technical vision on all our frontend applications. You'll still be very hands-on as we separate technical leads from managers to give your more time to focus on what matters in the codebase rather than doing project management and performance reviews !
Your daily job will be split between shipping features (you love writing code after all), reviewing other developers code, mentoring and training for more junior teammates and long-term projects work. As we work in squads (small cross-functional teams), you'll be working part-time with a product manager, a product designer and 3 or 4 otherer developers on specific features and the remaining time on your lead missions.
A Spendesker hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time and because your work is not only about code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better everyday is your mantra!
- React and Redux for our front-end
- Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
- Sass for CSS processing
- Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
- Node.js for our backend applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
- Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. If you love building and designing efficient and reliable products, and have a strong taste in UX/UI and mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus 😉
What are we looking for? 👉
- At least 4+ years of experience in front-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices.
- Strong experience with React.js or other front-end framework such as Vue.js, Angular.js, Ember.js.
- Strong experience in designing large scale frontend applications
- Experience in mentoring and leadership
- Great UX/UI sensibility.
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
Why should you apply? 🙌
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
- The laptop of your choice
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻 with the team
- Meal vouchers 🍽️
- Transportation (50%)
- (30') Screening call
- (2h) Who + technical fit interview
- (2h) Technical test
- (1h30) Cultural fit interview + CEO