- Permanent contract
- Starting date: November 1, 2019
- Salary between €40K and €70K
- Occasional remote authorized
- > 3 years
- FinTech / InsurTech
- From 15 to 50 employees
- Permanent contract
- We’re building a next generation, state-of-the-art payments platform for European businesses. We’re also a regulated financial institution (PSP license).
- A growing, close knit team of 18 people (7 engineers) taking on a massive product and engineering challenge.
- We’re addressing a huge customer pain in an extremely large market.
- We think big - we’re building the next European fintech and want you to join us.
- We’re in the latest eFounders batch, collectively our peers have raised over $120M in 2018. We’ve raised as well.
- React on the frontend
- Node, express, graphql, sequelize, postgres and redis on the backend.
- We have two microservices: the payments stack & the api.
- CI/CD through circleci, hosted on heroku, code on github
What you will do?
- Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
- Build & improve code across the entire stack (see below) for new and existing products.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Ship code to customers every week and measure its impact.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are at ease in a very fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 2+ years of industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between seamless experiences, beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture.
What to expect for a hiring process at Upflow
Applying at Upflow is -really- a two way process between you and us. We need you to want to work with us you as much as we want to work with you. Keep it mind all along the way.
- 📝 You apply: show us you’re smart, show us you’re a builder: if you don’t have a time for a short cover letter explaining why Upflow, then don’t apply!
- 🎧 Screening: 30 min in visio to answer your first questions and making sure we’re on the right path.
- 🤩 Interview: 45 min at our offices with your hiring manager to get to know each other and answering your questions. Be prepared, be curious.
- ✅ Ref checks: we always take 3 to 5 ref checks from your previous lives. That will help us understanding how to get you onboard.
- 🤓 Case: Time to show your skills. We usually provide a detailed written case of technical test allowing you to showcase your capabilities.
- 🏃 Interviews second round: You meet with 1 cofounders and 1/2 peers if needed.
- 🍺 Meet the team: we give you a chance to meet the whole team and making sure you’ll feel part of our family
Why should you join Upflow?
- Join us at a super early stage, incredible opportunities ahead 🚀
- A great and solid team of hackers and hustlers
- All you can expect from a great place to work: free lunches everyday at the office 🥗 , lovely office at the heart of the startup ecosystem, brand new laptop 💻 , external screen, healthy snacks 🍇 and a strong Alan Blue cover ⛑
- Regular offsites with the team, meetups and strong connections to the startup ecosystem
- Ability to spend a significant amount of time working remotely (if that’s what floats your boat). And time off when you need it. 🏝
Meet the Upflow team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn