Full Stack Developer
- Permanent contract
- Starting date: November 30, 2019
- > 1 year
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Job Training, SocialTech / GreenTech
- From 15 to 50 employees
Full Stack Developer
- Permanent contract
“First adaptive method merging the best of Human Psychology and Machine Intelligence, to allow individuals to become masters of their own work-life destiny”
67% of people are disengaged and unmotivated at work. If you are born in a low-income family, then it will take 4.5 generations to your descendants to reach the mean income in society. Social Elevator is a myth.
Why can’t People take control over their lives today?
People are bad at navigating their own psychological complexity by themselves, dealing with their internal dialogues and dilemmas.
No human, neither people themselves, nor professional counsellors, can embrace the complexity of the world of work.
Can Tech by itself solve this?
No, if machines are excellent at seeing patterns, they are bad at assessing human ambiguity.
Hence the creation of Chance, the first adaptive method merging the best of Human Psychology and Machine Intelligence, to allow individuals to become masters of their own work-life destiny, through an adaptive 8 weeks program, intertwining digital coaching and human video coaching, to allow anyone to have a career aligned with her/his deep motivations, constraints and talents.
As a full stack developer, you will be working as part of the product team to build all aspects of our services designed to help people get a fulfilling job. This will include front end, back end, API design, and data management.
To succeed in this position, you must have a self-starter attitude. You will be given general goals, and it will be up to you to figure out how to accomplish them in terms of implementation. This requires high-level of creativity and ability to deal with uncertainty since the situation changes quickly.
You must also be a team player. This is not just an empty slogan. You must be comfortable with constant brainstorming, whiteboard sessions, and interactions with people both inside and outside the development team on multiple projects.
Why it is important
- The team is growing fast : the quality and scalability of both code and processes are key
- Chance is a mix of psychology and technology ! Coaches are involved in tech, we expect engineers to be involved in return.
- Our product is tackling a complex subject: finding purpose in life, high uncertainty in execution is our daily pace
Your missions may include
- Application development for our internal and external users
- API Design, Database design and Tech Architecture
- Get involved in product design process, bringing your tech expertise to challenge the envisioned solutions
- Continuous implementation of the company design system
We are looking for an high-agency team player, able to lead projects and collaborate with other teams.
- A strong UX and aesthetic sensibility — you love well crafted pixels
- Practical experiences on both NodeJS and ReactJS — or other modern front-end framework
- A deep interest in simple and maintainable code — testing and scalability in mind
- Fluent English & French
You feel energized reading this description? Push apply and let’s discuss!
Chance has the ambition to become the first social unicorn in history. That’s why we are looking for candidates who are highly driven by social impact, highly motivated and highly skilled.
Chance is all about empowering people to work in a position and in an environment that are aligned with who they are.
We obviously apply this principle to ourselves. Once you apply, you will receive an email which will tell you the type of information we look for in order to ensure that your own aspirations and the position are aligned!
Then, you’ll be proposed to execute a technical test about NodeJS and ReactJS. You will have to demonstrate your rationale of problem solving during a live session with one of our engineers.
The full process will also include, 2-3 more interviews for you to get to know the team better.
Based on your availabilities, we will invite you to share a lunch with us to ensure our mutual fit.
Meet the Chance team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn