- April 1, 2019
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. It sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, promotions at their current jobs, or companies they’ve built.
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Barcelona, Madrid, Miami, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam and Sao Paulo
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 2,500 students
- 70+ global team members & venture capital backed
We are looking for a Lead Teacher for our Web Development Bootcamp who is passionate about coding, and also passionate about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Teacher is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll explain abstract concepts to the future generation of developers!
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Paris Campus (located Paris 11e)
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is pre-made, all the content is ready
- Expected Start date: asap
Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (React, Angular2, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
Fluent in English, as the bootcamp will be taught in that language.
Eligible to work in France
Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
Great communication skills, can you be an engaging teacher? :)
- Phone call
- Technical Test
- In-person interview with mini-class simulation