- April 1, 2019
Darewise Entertainment is a new genre of game company.
Obsessed with product design and product management, we are creating AAA quality games that are much more accessible and less demanding; games that don’t require a huge learning curve, time investment, and long game sessions, without sacrificing the high-end quality.
How about combining the ease-of-fun of Farmville with the production value of Assassin’s Creed?
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity.
We focus on building next generation social adventures, taking place in large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
We’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity.
We recently closed a Seed round with Kima Ventures, Serena Capital and a prominent business angels.
The ideal candidate is a master of game audio sound design, has a passion for game development, and will be both a quick learner and enthusiastic problem solver. In sum, this person embraces the creative challenges that will arise every day at a top tier studio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create both interactive and linear sound design that will drive the game’s experience
- Implementation of sound design using middleware to bring the soundscape to life
- Sound design and mixing of cinematics in multiple formats and specs
- Collaborating with the audio team to create unique and immersive sonic experiences
- Field recording
- Dialog processing
- Music editing
- Testing, debugging, and assuring quality in all audio of a given project
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Music Technology related degree or relevant work experience equivalent
- Certification in a relevant technical discipline
- Experience in producing, editing, and mixing sound effects.
- Experience integrating audio in game engines (e.g. Unity/Unreal)
- Highly proficient in Wwise and familiar with other middleware solutions
- Background in a broader Audio Engineering aspect (Recording, Mixing, Mastering)
- Mastery of current pro audio tools (Pro Tools and other DAWs, microphones, outboard gear, etc.)
- Self-disciplined and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to provide and accept critical feedback in a professional manner
- Familiarity with Unreal (UE3 and/or UE4)
- Familiarity with Perforce (P4)
- Music background and understanding
- Ability to play an instrument
- Video-call - HR interview (45min)
- Onsite interviews (usually 2 to 3, 30min each)
- Reference check
- Final interview with CEO