- April 1, 2019
Darewise Entertainment is a new genre of game company.
Obsessed with product design and product management, we are creating AAA quality games that are much more accessible and less demanding; games that don’t require a huge learning curve, time investment, and long game sessions, without sacrificing the high-end quality.
How about combining the ease-of-fun of Farmville with the production value of Assassin’s Creed?
Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Benjamin Charbit (Ubisoft), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity.
We focus on building next generation social adventures, taking place in large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
For a long time, the opportunity to create ground-breaking design and story-telling has been limited by the possibilities of the technology we can use. Now we are in an unprecedented time where the technology has finally caught up to our imagination, and we are all more than a big excited about this at Darewise! We currently have a team of passionate game developers who are eager to push the boundaries of online gaming experiences like never before and this is where you will come in. We need a World Designer who wants to develop something with purpose, style and execution. Our world will be central to the overall gaming experience so your efforts will have a huge impact on the player as they break ground and explore. If laying down the world and sitting back enthralled at the stories each player creates sounds like your ideal, this is what we are creating.
- Support various players activities through spaces with lead design
- Block out world and biomes with environment artists
- Define dynamic resource and content placement workflow with system design and tech
- Enhance sense of immersion in the game world with narrative
- Support continuous live development design through telemetry and analytics
- Create and implement dynamic events to ensure engagement in the world
- Acute sense of what makes exploration meaningful and rewarding
- Experience designing replayable spaces
- Knowledge of procedural world design best practices
- Ability to integrate player creations in design solutions
- Professional knowledge of Unreal 4 workflow
- Demonstrable portfolio of games and worlds at high quality
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Houdini
- One major game shipped on Unreal 4
- Previous experience working on a live / game as a service game
- Video-call - HR interview (45min)
- Lead interview with a Senior team member
- Onsite interviews (usually 2 to 3, 30min each)
- Reference check
- Final interview with CEO